In an attempt to restore the flow of tourists to its resorts through the wide coverage of foreign tourists, Turkey has changed the rules of entry into the country. Now tourists coming to Turkey from 146 countries will not need a PCR test if there is a complete vaccination against coronavirus infection or an antibody test. What awaits Russian vacationers upon entry in case of opening Turkish resorts?
In accordance with the updated travel rules for coronavirus security measures, the Turkish authorities exempted from mandatory PCR testing tourists who presented a passport of vaccination against covid from 146 countries, including Russia, the United States, Germany, France, Azerbaijan and Spain. It is noted that the vaccine must be received at least 14 days before entry, and if a tourist has already contracted the coronavirus in the last 6 months, it is necessary to present a document confirming the presence of antibodies.
Following the announcement of new travel rules on 1 June, the General Directorate of Civil Aviation (SHGM) has updated the list of countries from which it is possible to come to Turkey under the new requirements for measures to combat coronavirus. In addition, vaccinated tourists are not subject to quarantine measures.
If a vaccination certificate or antibody document cannot be provided upon entry into Turkey, a negative PCR test taken no more than 72 hours prior to entry or an antibody test performed no more than 48 hours.
List of countries from which Turkey is ready to receive tourists vaccinated or infected with coronavirus:
1. Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Albania, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan,
2. Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Benin, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Bhutan,
3. Vatican, Venezuela, Vietnam, Hungary,
4. Gabon, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Greece, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Guinea, Georgia, Germany,
5. Denmark, Djibouti,
6. Zambia and Zimbabwe,
8. Jordan, Iraq, Ireland, Spain, Israel, Italy, Iceland, Indonesia,
10. Laos, Latvia, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Lebanon, Luxembourg,
11. Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Mongolia, Moldova, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Morocco,
12. Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Nicaragua, Norway, the Netherlands,
13. Oman, UAE,
14. Panama, Poland, Portugal,
15. Romania, Rwanda, Russia,
16. Sao Tome, Senegal, Seychelles, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Northern Cyprus, Northern Macedonia, El Salvador, United States,
17. Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkmenistan,
18. Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan,
19. Philippines, Finland, France,
21. Montenegro, Chile, Chad, the Czech Republic,
22. Sweden, Switzerland,
23. Ecuador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia,
24. South Korea, South Sudan,
25. Jamaica, Japan.